Saturday, May 14, 2011

Double post day!!!

Yep, that's right, 2 posts in one day!!!  GO ME!  Just kidding, I just realized that I never published the last post I wrote, but for some strange reason it was saved as a draft instead.  So, just pretend that these posts are really a week apart. 
    I wasn't able to download the video of Audrey saying John 3:16 in the children's Easter presentation at church.  I really wanted to, but it kept saying there was an error while trying to download.  Might have something to do with the fact it was so long, and I don't know how to shorten it.  I was so proud of her for so many reasons.  1st, she  already had the verse memorized from FPO.  2nd, that she was brave enough to try to learn it in Bulgarian.  3rd, that she stood up infront of all those people and did a great job.  God has blessed my life incredibly through my children and I pray I never forget that.  Also, a few pics of our park with the trees starting to bloom. 
 This is the fountain at one of the main entrances to the park by our apartment.  That is Mt. Vitosha in the background.  We have a great view of it from our balcony as well.
 They were picking flowers for me :)

    Today, we went to a large yard sale at the US embassy and had a great time.  For one thing all of the sellers spoke english so I felt in my element when it came to haggling for some stuff.  I was proud to barter an unused Starbucks card for some really nice gymboree clothes :)  While this made my day, I must say that I was most proud of myself for the dealing I did the day before with the little old ladies that sell handmade items downtown.  Now that was a feat.  I was able to work one lady down to 4 leva each for items that were marked at 7 leva a piece. All in Bulgarski I might add.  Steven was even impressed.  While I do enjoy a good bargain, I can see how doing this everyday in some cultures could get really old really fast.  However, I am glad that my mom taught me how to be firm and able to walk away if the price isn't good enough.  Thanks Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment