Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Family Matters

I have learned to value many things in life, and time with people is one of the biggest.  We are only on this earth for so long, and it is mainly through interactions and time spent with people that we are really remembered.  For this reason alone I cherish every memory I am able to make with people I love.  We recently returned from a vacation to Germany.  Now, before you think we are rich, we had a conference to attend the week before and simply tagged on extra days as vacation.  However, Steven's parents were able to travel with us and it was wonderful.  I have been blessed with great in-laws, and I'm not saying that simply because they might read this blog.  I truly have been blessed.  They both became ill while on this trip, yet managed to keep up with everything we did.  I could tell they didn't want to miss a moment with us or their grand kids.  The encouraging thing about it is that my kids made so many great memories with not just me and Steven, but also with their Papaw and Mamaw.  We have pictures of them all in front of castles, cathedrals, and the Alps together.  Not to mention the hours spent in a rented van simply driving the countryside.  Now the fact that it was in Germany is really neat.  However, the time spent could have been anywhere and been just as precious to me.  It was the act of being together as a family and experiencing life together that made it great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment