Sunday, May 29, 2011

My thoughts on kids.....watch out!

I don't know about you, but my children never cease to amaze me.  Jonathan is so goofy, but so many times will shock us with a great understanding of life. Audrey catches onto everything and really understands what we are talking about, even when we are speaking in code.  Then there is Eli, just when you think he is moving to fast to hear anyhting you say, he pipes in with his two cents on the subject.  All of this reminds me that my children are not only important to me, but to God also.  It is these little moments with kids that I adore and even made me want to be an educator.  I was going to be the person that would not only teach these little blessings, but I also want to continue to be a voice for them.  Not just for my own kids, but for all children.  It is my personal opinion that there are to many churches that either do not realize the importance of children, or are just choosing to cast them aside until they are really "useful" in the church body.  Up until then, we put them in classes (sometimes just babysitting) and allow them to participate in really fun activities, but never really give them chances to serve in the church.  Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that childrens activities are bad. They are great, and just what children need to learn about Christ and His love for them.  I'm just saying that when we rob children of the opporunity to serve, we deny them one of the greatest joys: serving Christ.  I don't think God looks at our ages, but at our hearts. A child at the age of 2 singing Jesus Loves Me is just as beautiful to the Father than Carrie Underwoods "How Great Thou Art".  This all came from me thinking today about how great my kids are.  They are not just along for this crazy ride with Steven and I, but God has a purpose for them as well.  Not a futuristic purpose, but one right now.   My children are not simply here with us while we serve, but they are serving the Lord with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment