Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Learning About Bulgarian Education


Life here is going good. Steven and I are encouraged everyday by how much more we are able to understand the language around us. Now if we could only respond...but we know that will just come with time. Audrey has progressed immensely in her language skills. She has a tutor for the summer to boost her confidence and give her some basics in the language. Her tutor said she thinks she will do great in "purvie class" if her teacher is patient with her, speaks slowly and annunciates her words so Audrey can follow. I think she is going to do great in school this year. Her school doesn't start back until Sept. 15th, but we start our homeschooling supplementing Mon. She is excited about her new curriculum we ordered and wanted to start her reading comprehension the day we got it in the mail. I love her desire to learn.

The boys are a little different story. We realize that Jonathan needs a more structured environment with more kids his age to interact with. The only problem is finding a place for him to do this. We also don't want to have to walk all over Sofia to take our kids to 3 different schools. So, we are currently looking for a quality place to send Jonathan and Eli that would still be close to home and meet all their social needs. Steven thinks we might have found it at a Montessori school just up the road. I would love for my boys to attend a Montessori school, if it is really done right. We go to meet with the owners Friday morning so I can ask my questions and check it out. We are really praying God will show us if this is the place. I would also really like to get to know the owners wife who is Montessori certified. To develop a friendship with a fellow education nerd would be great for me!

Steven and I will continue to plug away at our language classes in the hopes that one day we will be fluent....maybe in 20 years :)

No comments:

Post a Comment