Friday, September 30, 2011

God is amazing!

  So, just in case you forgot, I serve an amazing God!!! His timing is perfect and His plan is precise. Eli started going to a Montesorri school this week and has had a great time getting to know the teachers and other kids. It is taught all in Bulgarian, but most of the teachers speak English as well. GREAT!! Well, I was able to meet with the owner (who also speaks good English from living in South Africa for 12 years) and upon finding out I had an early childhood degree and experience working in a montesorri method, she offered me a job. I won't get paid, but receive a discount off of Eli's tuition. I was hesitant at first because of my full time language schedule. I told her I would only be able to come Monday and Friday mornings and she said that would work. After the meeting I was excited to meet the director of his school to see just how she would want me to help out. The director’s name is Zuzi and I immediately liked her. I was able to talk with her a little about where we were from and what we were doing here. Never quite sure about how to tell people we are missionaries here, I downplayed our involvement so as not to scare her away from the idea of me helping. She told me it would be great if I could teach the kids some songs in English and just talk with them in English as much as possible while I was in the classroom. Sounded good to me, I began planning how I could incorporate all of my Christian children songs into the class, while praying that God would direct me in how to go about presenting my ideas to Zuzi. Well, today God answered that prayer. Zuzi asked me if we could talk and I was concerned it would be about what I would be allowed to teach, but turns out she wanted to tell me….. she is a believer. She is ethnically Turkish and comes from a very muslim background, but accepted Christ when she was 16. She many in the ministry community here in Sofia and shared how she was so excited I was going to be working with the school. She has been working at the school for three years now as the only believer and expressed how she was beginning to get discouraged and had been praying about what to do. She mentioned wanting to get together to study the bible and I almost cried. How amazing is God that I was an answer to her prayers! How blessed I am to be used by The Father!! I can't tell you how excited I am now about getting to work at this school and the opportunity to share with all the other teachers and workers. I can't wait to see how God moves here! Please pray for Zuzi and her family. She told me that her dad accepted Christ just 2 months ago, and this was a huge deal because when she became a believer the family shunned her. Please pray for this opportunity to be a light and partner with a fellow sister in Christ to make Him known.

No comments:

Post a Comment